[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU WRITE A BUGREPORT (was Re: build error)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Nov 21 00:05:30 CET 2003

Hi,

> Attila Kinali <kinali at gmx.net> writes:
>
> > So, to put it short: Use mplayer-users or you will never get an answer!
>
> > 		Attila "pissed" Kinali
> >
> > PPPPS: Pay us some money or go to the donations page anyways,
> > as we still lack a lot of things for the ongoing development
>
> Oh yeah, I'm sure people just line up to pay you money when you talk to them
> like that.

lol

Anyway I fully agree with Attila.
If you want user support from the (mplayer) developers, you should (have to)
pay for it. Why? This is opensource community, not charity!
Developers do what they are doing as it's their hobby.
Supporting users who are lazy to even RTFM is not hobby of anyone.
If you want support, there is a big user-base at mplayer-users, ask them,
for free. But you'd better erading the docs...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu