[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: Re: Minor? bug

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Nov 18 15:48:44 CET 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:37:16AM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> Attila Kinali wrote:
> > This is the 3rd or 4th bugreport about broken dvd subs i saw in the
> > last 2 months.
> Dunno, I've just checked my 3 DVDs, all work fine.
> DVD is a broken shit idea anyways.

Agree. It's really a shame that the industry makes such _bad_ dvd
releases that the mpeg4 rips shared online are actually better than
the commercial version... Why should someone buy a DVD when they're
going to spend hours cleaning up the subtitles so they don't look
horrible and pixellated, figuring out which title has the actual movie
on it, cracking css keys, applying inverse telecine, ......?? Way to
go making a desirable product!

Rich