PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU WRITE A BUGREPORT (was Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] build error)

Marcus Thiesen marcus at thiesenweb.de
Wed Nov 12 14:57:17 CET 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 10:41, Attila Kinali wrote:
> So, to put it short: Use mplayer-users or you will never get an answer!

Maybe you should just add a mplayer-bugs list and all the problems vanish....
because I don't understand why the users list is for bug reports. If I have a
problem which is clearly a problem in the source, why shouldn't I tell the
developers and bother other users?

>PPS: If you think that we are obligated to read your bugreport
>and fix it, you should learn how OSS development works.

The users list is the most unfriendly list I've ever seen in OSS development.
This auto-header thing is something I personally find very disencouraging and
newbie unfriendly. Who wants to be part of a community that always tells you
that you're to stupid to look into the manual. As OSS is about community
maybe somebody else should learn how OSS development works.

Have fun,
	Marcus

P.S.: If I was offending, I actually didn't intend to be so. But the way some
of the core developers talk to people who just want to be helpfull and
actually use the software gets me pissed. If you intend not to have less
skilled people use your software make it closed source and sell it for 50K
bugs.

|Marcus Thiesen                           ICQ# 108989768|
|                   www.thiesenweb.de                   |
  28A7 37CC AE2C BB6C D56D  8A3D E614 E56B 7546 75F2