[MPlayer-dev-eng] matrox 550 tv out and mplayer problem

Neil Radisch nradisch at optonline.net
Tue Nov 11 13:04:42 CET 2003

The problem lies in DVDs that are recorded 29.97 interlaced. There seems
to be no way to get this type of disk to playback smoothly on a television.

Aspect 1.5 (which I generally use because aspect 4:3 seems to be broken, it
comes out too tall) seems to invoke a bit of scaling which obviously breaks
the interlace.

Aspect 4:3 does not show interlacing problems, but the motion is all jerky.
This
shouldn't be since I'm playing the disk back on an NTSC television.

Neil