[MPlayer-dev-eng] Unable to pass options to vo hardware equalizer via the command line

Oleg I. Vdovikin vdovikin at jscc.ru
Tue Nov 11 10:00:08 CET 2003

Hi,

    this posting relates to the problem, stated & patched in my previous
letter. Current flow inside the mplayer does not allow to set hardware
equalizer options via the command line. The problem is due to the fact, that
mplayer calls equalizer (dec_video::set_colors) BEFORE the vo
initialization. So, vf_vo::control checks the init status & rejects the
call. The similar checks are done by vosub_vidix::vidix_control.

    Unfortunatly I've not enough knowledge of the flow inside the mplayer,
so I can't do the right patch. For now I've just commented out the
initializtion checks both in vf_vo & vosub_vidix, so it now works for my
setup (with vidix_control patch...

    Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Oleg.