[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] get_total_time for ogg

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Nov 10 13:33:53 CET 2003

Hi,

> But the stream from which the granulepos is used is determined by
> the same code in ogg_scan_stream as well as in ogg_control.

You might be right, but you shouldn't do it that way anyway. What if the
last 20 pages do not contain packets for the video stream? What if, with
all those additions being made to demux_ogg lately (Theora, Flac,...),
this is not true anymore? Using the timestamp just abstracts from 'the
os used when findind the biggest granulepos is the os that is used in
_control' and therefore safer. And as there's probably no one who REALLY
knows all about the ogg demuxer we should take the safe approach.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)