[MPlayer-dev-eng] problem with -vop

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Wed Nov 5 22:10:32 CET 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:44:27 -0500, D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx>
wrote:

>> Mencoder crashes with a "crop: bad position/width/height - cropped area
>> is out of the original!" message.
>
> Because you're cropping after scaling! Switch the order of the two
> filters on the command line, or else use the -vf option instead of
> -vop (which is in the opposite, much saner order).

We've solved the problem. It was not with the order. We WANT to do the
things in that order. The problem is -vop does not work in mencoder, we had
to use -vf... and -vf does not work in mplayer.

A sugestion: if -vop does'nt work well and it was replaced with -fv, remove
-vop option. Another sugestion: make mplayer use the same options as
mencoder.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
Departamento de Desarrollo