[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: vo_fbdev does not compile with debian unstable kernel headers

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Nov 3 14:25:55 CET 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:59:22 +0000 (UTC)
Andreas Metzler <ametzler at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> For normal user-space applications they should not match the Kernel you
> are running but be the header-files your C-library was compiled against.
> I am not making this up, this is Linus speaking.
> http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/kt20000814_80.html#4

I dont agree, as the problems i know dont come from incompatibilites
of kernel headers with those of the libc, but of incompatibilities
of the installed headers to the runing kernel, when using kernel
specific interfaces (think about drivers like mga_vid, vidix,
fbdev etc).

I think that's the reason why they introduced
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include

			Attila Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu