[MPlayer-dev-eng] Software scaler regression

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Nov 3 11:51:54 CET 2003

Hi

On Monday 03 November 2003 03:29, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > > ur comparission is flawed, u cant compare the unscaled yuv->rgb
> > > converter against the scaled one
> >
> > I did compare the scaled one from Oct. 12 to the scaled one from Oct. 30
> > The newer mplayer produces slightly more reddish images.
> >
> > > i suggest that u run the scaler several times in
> > > a row to check if there is a worse color drift than before
> >
> > Thanks, but I did that, too.
> > After one scaling you nearly can't see the color drift.
> > After four scalings the color drift is worse than before.
>
> hmm, yes, but it only happens with -vo png, neither -vo x11 nor xv produce
> that effect, ill investigate that further tomorrow ...
its caused by repeative rgb<->yuv conversation
IMHO the rgb<->yuv conversation accuracy should be fixed after writing
swscale2, that way we could have several rgb<->yuv converters with different
accuracy and speed in a much cleaner way then now

[...]
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)