[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_fbdev does not compile with debian unstable kernel headers

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Nov 1 11:47:18 CET 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:08:07 -0500
Angelo Cano <angelo_cano at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Under Debian it's going to find the 2.5.999 kernel headers used to
> compile libc, while my actual headers are in
> /usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r`/include

IMHO we should write a kernel header detection system.
First check whether /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include is available,
then /usr/src/linux-`uname -r`/include, if not, fall back to /usr/include/linux

(And no, /usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r`/include should not be supported
as this is imho crap, that came from SuSE/RH who didnt want to install a
complete kernel)

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu