[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Nov 1 09:07:08 CET 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:40:05PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> D Richard Felker III writes:
>  > On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:23:45AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>  > > Here is a new updated list:
>  > >
>  > > -- means it has to go
>  > > +- means there is no agreement yet
>  > >
>  > > remove now:
>  > > -- vf_eq
>  > Now or after 1.0...?
>
> Now.  Who knows what will happen after 1.0.  Besides we are in the
> after 0.90 stage now, so it is OK to make some backwards incompatible
> changes IMHO, like in odd numbered kernel releases.
>
>  > > -- fibmap_mplayer.c
>  > If this goes, we have to require linux 2.5 for libcss support, or
>  > remove libcss support. Do we want this?
>
> Is it still useful for anything?  I thought it was obsoleted by
> libdvdcss..

Hmmm. The whole libcss.so and fibmap_mplayer.c stuff was written by me. Yes
I can remove it. Is it still useful? I don't think so. Maybe just for a
single and very rare situation: you have an encrypted VOB copyied to your
harddisk, and you want to play it AND you know the key which can specified
with a command line switch in this case (but in this case there is no need
for fibmap IOCTL). However I don't think so that it's an overused feature of
mplayer nowdays :)

- Gábor (larta'H)