[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist again

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue May 27 00:09:48 CEST 2003

Hi

On Monday 26 May 2003 02:58, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >  > yes, it would be nice, but now very useless (who needs qt dll's svq1
> >  > decoder now... and it's the only user of syuv format)
> >  >
> >  > and paletted rgb support too, it could obsolete vf_palette and make
> >  > auto. filter insertion logic in g1/g2's video path a lot simpler.
> >
> > Well, the last time you wished for an improvement to swscaler Michael
> > implemented it by the next day.  Maybe you are lucky again ;-)
>
> no, i've requested this one already several times :)
> but i accept that it's quite low priority and nearly nobody actually uses
> codecs with palette (mayeb only 8bpp msvideo1/cinepak and gif are such
> things)
yes, i wont work on that anytime soon, but ill apply any patches if someone
sends some :)

> btw if we're talking about swscaler, what's the status of its
> built-in equalizer support? when it was commited then the comment said
> that it's not supporte dby all converters yet.
IIRC all yuv2rgb converters should support it, but theres no emulation of it
done otherwise, as some other filter (vo?) might be able to do it faster

[...]

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)