[MPlayer-dev-eng] Call for unapplied patches

Wolfram Gloger wmglo at dent.med.uni-muenchen.de
Sun May 25 16:18:31 CEST 2003

Hi,

> no
> i've replied it,

Sorry, I never got your reply, neither private nor on the list.  Could
you send it again, unless it is obsoleted by the points below?

> it was a hack to convert 32bit offsets to 64bit and have
> large tables. it would be better then to implement opendml support, than
> that hack.

I agree that full opendml support is the goal, however

(a) there will aways be large files without a proper opendml index,
    such as those generated by current mencoder
    (how do you all handle large AVI recordings without a patch like
    mine?)

(b) the patch is an IMHO necessary step to be able to read a proper
    opendml index (do you want to see that done also?)

(c) yes it is a hack, but slightly cleaner than the current code

Regards,
Wolfram.