[MPlayer-dev-eng] Interfacing with MPlayer

shane bradley lsbk2 at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 22:07:10 CEST 2003

I am writing a java application for mplayer. Most people are saying why use
java....I am doing this has a grad project of sorts. I use Mplayer as an
engine of sorts.

My question are this:
1)  I use slave mode to interface with mplayer(props to mplayer for that), I
can run the commands that I need with that. The only problem is how do I
retrieve the current time and total length of file. I am reading standard
in, is there some way to pipe just the time out?
2) Also is there a way to get the info of a song, such as Artist,
Genre...etc. with Mplayer?
3) Another thing, is there a way to start Mplayer without the info that
comes up every time you start the app?

later,

shane Bradley
Go Canes...