[MPlayer-dev-eng] Questions about frames

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue May 20 19:00:32 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2003 15:42 schrieb Olivier Tache:
> Hello,
>
> i'm totally new to MPlayer and i have to study it in order to decide if
> i can use it in a research project. So i have some questions :
>
> - is there something like a developer documentation/ hacking guide
> somewhere?

DOCS/

> - is MPlayer able to do a frame by frame display for a DVD eg : pause
> the playback then step one frame forwards or backwards?

Hm, mplayer dunno. Perhaps with some code-change, as it tries to keep av-sync.

But mencoder surely can, as it processes frame-by-frame.

> - what information about the current video position can i retrieve :
> frame number? time from the beginning of the video (in seconds or better
> precision) ? percentage?

Hm, I think you can retireve all of this information if demuxer supports it.
(percentage has to be supported, time was always there afair) You can see
with OSD-Menu once you have installed a proper font. Number of frame: Dunno,
check the source.

cu

Fabian

PS: If you really want to get answers from this list, you should subscribe to
it. You can also learn many things, by just reading this list.
PPS: I would say, everything one can try is possible with mplayer, it is just
the question how difficult it is ;-)