[MPlayer-dev-eng] Delayed Packets

Rohit Kapoor rohitk at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed May 7 20:39:21 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I sent this question on mplayer-users, but did not get a reply. So, I am
sending to this list. I am using MPlayer to play a streamed audio .mp3 file.
In this scenario, some packets get delayed etc.

I tried to look at the MPlayer code, but could not figure out an answer to
my question. Can somebody please tell me what MPlayer does with delayed
packets, i.e., what kind of deadlines does it have for packets (are these
deadlines strict) and what does it do when a packet misses its deadline?

Thanks,
Rohit