[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: mp-G2 pre18 / Video with no sound

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Wed May 7 14:16:44 CEST 2003

    Hi, Arpi!

Sometime (on Wednesday, May  7 at 14:13) I've received something...
>> And what will happen to mencoder in g2, I wonder?

>g2 core is able to serve mencoder-like apps, just needs to be coded.
>(UI problem again)

    And for mencoder, it may be Gui (like NanDub or even Premiere) but I
fully agree with you, it's not related to G2 core. May be, we have to
create contrib/ directory and place end-user application there? I mean
commandline player, gui player, commandline encoder, gui encoder/editor,
etc.

>so, to understand, g2 won't include any UI (except some test-* apps used for
>testing the code but they have minimal control), it will provide a set of
>libraries implementing everything(?) needed for a media player/encoder app.

>something like libavifile or libxine.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.