[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre18

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 6 00:26:23 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > I don't plan to put it into CVS.
> > Maybe into arch (or bitkeeper, maybe subversion), later, when teh whole
> > framework and directory/file structure is stabilized.
>
> Please use something free (subversion) (or arch?) instead of
> bitkeeper. It's your code of course, but personally I highly object to
> using a nonfree version control system.

I also don't like bk's license, but usability is somehow more important for
me than silly licenses (as it is/was for old mplayer too)

I also dislike subversion for various reasons, one of them is that it's
under heavy development, a few months ago it was not even stable enough to
host itself. Also it still not more than cvs + a few small hacks.
But I don't know it enough, never used it, so i don't want to do criticism.

Arch seems to have comparable feature set and stability to bk, but is GPL,
anyway the source (and the whole project) is somewhat very unusual/strange.
Some advantages that its author also hate bloated things, including
the gnu auto* tools :)
(and he even developed a modular hand-written configure/makefile system)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team