[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp-G2 pre20 / unchecked malloc

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 6 00:19:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I've started to watch the mp-G2 code... But as i say in the subject, lot
> of malloc are unchecked (ie if((t=malloc..)==NULL)...)
> If you want, test with a grep malloc in cfgparse.c :-((
> I start to modify it but lot of malloc are not checked !!!
>
> Do i have to continue ???

no

read the archive, it was discussed a few days ago for 'main' mplayer, the
malloc checking policy is teh same for g2.

maybe in the future i'll replace malloc() with g2_malloc() which can check
result and handle error, but i'm against putting if(x==NULL){ mp_msg();
do clean exit; } everywhere!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team