[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] dvd:// and -dvd controversy

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 5 19:06:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

> No. You really have 0.90; Arpi just forgot to change the version
> string before making the release, so it says 0.90rc5. And you are
> definitely using the wrong mencoder; I've been using mencoder dvd://
> ... for a long time! Please learn how to manage your system, rm the
> old mencoder, and stop this silly argument...
>
> Rich

btw, i've just tried 0_90 cvs, and he is right, mencoder doesn't
accept dvd:// for dunno why. 100000l to Albeu perhaps. main CVS works ok.
i've tried to undrestand the hacks in parse-mpcmd.c and parse-mecmd.c,
which seems to convert between -dvd and dvd:// syntax but can't understand.
or maybe some changes partially/badly ported from main to 0_90?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team