[MPlayer-dev-eng] the seeking with Real Media files NODAEMON

Ruibo Wang mail at ruibo.com
Thu May 1 16:18:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

    I'm a senior student in China, and working for my graduate
project.
    Now I'm interested in seeking with Real Media files,
it seems that you didn't implement it. I've looked through
your codes such as "libmpdemux/Demux_real.c", the function
"demux_seek_real" is good, but you let every .rm file ignore it by setting
the value "index_mode". I don't know if you do it on purpose.
    And, it is impossible to generate an index for an online streaming .rm file,
because the file is too big to scan for the key frames. But the RealOne Player
and HelixPlayer can do it very well, I mean the seeking with an online streaming
.rm file. How can they make it?
    Can you make it?

Ruibo Wang