[MPlayer-dev-eng] a4pm vs mp4a - endian MP4 problem?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Thu May 1 06:15:54 CEST 2003

Hi -

	A while back I had some problems playing .mp4 files generated by
	Apple's software.   The MPEG-4 video would play but the AAC audio
	would not.

> 	Seems that libfaad2 is unhappy with the 'a4pm' struct which leads me
> 	to wonder if it's MPlayer's task to flip bytes before calling the
> 	faad routines.

	The fix is to upgrade the FAAD2 installed on the system from the
	faad2-1.1 release version to the CVS version of FAAD2,  the big
	endian problems have been fixed in FAAD2-cvs.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz