[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer G2 (vlindos)

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Mon Mar 31 14:55:25 CEST 2003

BTW, Arpi, why don't you create a module for G2 in cvs or something similar?
It would make developing faster. Of course only if you don't want to develope
as a single programmer before an inital usable state of the source :)

Also it would be the best (in the future) to create separated modules (or
separated directories under the g2 module) for core, command line UI and
such ... [as far as I got your idea right: to allow to even compile the
core g2 without any UI, and later you can compile one with linking them
together - of course linking can be static to avoid performance loss of
dynamic linking which can mean even 5% on x86 architecture if I can remember
right ...]

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 03:09:23PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > hi,
> > probably this is not the place where to ask but - what about licensing
> > problems with current MPlayer - will they appear again in MPlayer G2?
>
> licensing problems? what do you mean?
> afaik mplayer is fully GPL since pre10 or so.
>
> or do you mean decss, mpeg4 patents and such unclear things? i don't care,
> if we care of them we won't be able to create anything useful player.
>
> > ps. i'll try save time little time of someone developer with rewriting
> > of smb stream
>
> great!
>

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> --