[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer G2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 31 01:21:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Playlists, you may want to rethink this as reference files are pretty common
> and it would be nice if the player could handle them. But I agree that
> managing video playlists and audio playlists in a jukebox fashion should not
> be in the core, but at the UI level.

it will parse reference files and pass them back to the UI, which can then
decdie which one to play (or give a popup window to select etc) and then
re-launch the player core to open the selected reference.

> mplayer_play(window to draw to, url/ file to read from, option structure)

no

> mplayer_hook_event(  MPLAYER_PROGRESS, local_function_handler);
>
> mplayer_pause();
> mplayer_start();
> mplayer_stop();
>
> mplayer_init(option stucture)
> mplayer_shutdown()

i'm about:

mpcore_init(); // global init

// for each file:

stream=open_stream("http://x.y.z:/file.avi");
demux=demux_open(stream);
if(demux->type==REFERENCE){
  demux=demux_open(demux->refereneces[2]);
}
init_audio_codec(demux->audio);
init_ao(demux->audio->sh);
init_video_codec(demux->video);
init_vo(demux->audio->sh);

while(!demux->eof){
  play_audio(demux->audio->sh)
  play_video(demux->video->sh)
  time=do_av_sync(demux)
  .. do UI things
  usec_sleep(time)
}

close...

so it won't be so high-level as i want to give full control to the UI, and
make it usabel for not only movie playback, but for editing, conversion etc

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team