[MPlayer-dev-eng] Should we get rid of -dvd, -vcd, etc ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 29 17:22:47 CET 2003

Hi,

> I'd like to make a little cleanup in the stream opening so it doesn't
> depend anymore on a global var as it is atm for dvd, vcd, tv, mf, cuebin
> and these 'playlist' for rtp. My idea is simply to use only the filename
> argument with url like syntaxt (as it's alredy possible).

agree, they could be removed in 'main' tree
te old -vcd etc options should print an error message containing the new
option (sth. like: '-vcd N is deprecated, use vcd://N instead')

> The problem is what to do with these options. Ok it's possible to
> 'simulate' them for the simple one's like dvd or tv. But for complex ones
> like cuebin (wich have an option for the filename to open and need to be
> used in combination with -vcd) it's really tricky.

why?
-cuefile is just an option like -cdrom-device or -tv
i can't see why should we change them.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team