[MPlayer-dev-eng] manpage

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Mar 28 04:12:45 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:25:57PM +0100, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:00:47AM +0100, gabucino at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> > Why the hell is the "/" character written as "/\:" ??
> It's about automatic line break afaik...
>
> > And the "-" prefixed like "\-" ?
> It differs, "\-" is used for ranges "-" between words....
>
> Just RTFM off (g)roff/man/etc... ;)
> Anyway, afair the manpage will be written in xml anyway... ;))

How will this be handled in the cvs build procedure. I seriously doubt
most users (or even developers) care to have silly xml tools installed
to generate the manpage, but the manpage is required by the install
target... So, do we include a generated man page in cvs? Or just omit
installing man page if the tools are missing? This seems like an RTFM
nightmare....

Rich