[MPlayer-dev-eng] subtitle wrapping

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Mar 25 10:36:12 CET 2003

gabucino at mplayerhq.hu wrote:

>D Richard Felker III wrote:
>

>>Gabu brought this up a while back, and it was never really
>>addressed....maybe no one understood him.
>>

>Yes, life is so cruel ;(
>

>>Instead, MPlayer should (at least optionally) try to optimize subtitle
>>wrapping so that the resulting split lines are all approximately the
>>same width.
>>

>Exactly what I meant.

Seems to require rewriting the wrapping code completely. It would be
welcome anyway as the current code is a mess.

> - MPlayer badly estimates the subtitles' width during panscan's rewrapping,
>   so words begin outside of the screen :(
>   (TTF/certain fonts only??)

Yes, it has to be fixed per-vo. I fixed it recently in vo_xv but don't
have a matrox card and don't know how vo_mga exactly works. It's just
matter of transforming the coordinates passed to vo_draw_alpha and
screen size passed to vo_draw_text.

--
Jindrich Makovicka