[MPlayer-dev-eng] vop.txt

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 24 19:49:29 CET 2003

Hi,

> I just finished merging vop.txt into the man page.  90% of that
> document consists of vop/vf usage descriptions, which should probably
> removed to reduce the duplication.  In main, vop.txt should be renamed
> to vf.txt, the vop.txt name is historic.
>
> I believe we need to decide what to do with vop.txt/vf.txt, as the
> usage instructions in there will probably become more and more
> outdated and incorrect over time if we just leave the file as is.
> Before tackling this I just wanted to remove the file, but it does
> have some useful information at the beginning and MPI parameters (?)
> are mentioned for the different filters although I have no idea
> whether the list is still current and correct.
>
> I'm attaching a cropped version of vop.txt here for easy reference.
> Is this information worth keeping?  Should we add it to
> libmpcodecs.txt instead?  Should some of it be added to the man page?

the first part should be move dto libmpcodecs.txt (or vf.txt), and the
rest (parameter syntax & MPI formats listing) should be removed, it's
useless and also outdated for some filters.
(useless == useless for users, and developers can RTFS and grep for
mpcodecs_get_image())

we should kill redundancy from docs.
btw, what's teh sattus of lavc-options.txt ?
Michael modified the manpage insteda of it lats time, suggesting that it's
time to remove the old txt (after syncing manpage if needed)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team