[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Evil Kosh evil_kosh_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 19:11:34 CET 2003

Hi Diego,

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 01:54, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Anders Rune Jensen writes:
>  > 2) people can write code in _their_ style and when someone else wants
>  >    to read it he just pretty prints the way _he_ wants it to look.
>
> Most people here seem to agree that he who writes the code gets to
> impose his style preferences.  But evil (change that horrible name,
> son) is trying to make a point that is consistently being ignored:

ok, I'll chop my name to kosh, can't say fairer than that.

> What about _files_ that do not have a consistent style?
>
> It's one thing to have a consistent style for the project or a
> consistent style for every file.
>
> I became noticeably faster at editing the HTML docs after I had
> completely and nicely reformatted them in one run.  No more
> reformatting has happened since that day.

> Another point evil tries to make is code readability for beginners or
> people new to MPlayer.  I think he has a point there that is a blind
> spot for most of us, since we are so familiar with the code.

yes, this is exactly what I was thinking, how many people are in my
position, but instead of offering to help clean it up, just walked away,
good people, who may have helped out a lot are now taking a step back.
If the code is easy to read and understand, perhaps more people will
help out and that can NEVER be a bad thing.

Evil Kosh <evil_kosh_uk at yahoo.co.uk>