[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Mar 24 16:57:41 CET 2003

Hi

On Monday 24 March 2003 15:05, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> > > ehh
> > > afair we decided to ignroe that mess
> >
> > hmm AFAIR we decided to add it later, and everything else seems to be
> > done so later == now
>
> No, IMHO later == after the format is already working in the real
> world and supported by mplayer and mencoder. Otherwise we're just as
> bad as those 'other guys' putting all sorts of crap in their container
> formats before they get something usable out the door.
>
> Since these things (menus and chapters) should be fairly trivial and
> divorced from the main muxing, I don't see how there's any benefit of
yes, there are 2 idependant things
1. write a (de)muxer for the current draft (and change the draft as needed if
problems are noticed during implementing)
2. add chapters, playlists, menus, ...
IMHO 1. and .2 are independant and can be done at once, there is no need to
delay either of them until the other is finished

[...]

Michael