[MPlayer-dev-eng] -menu & pause bug fix?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Mar 24 10:22:17 CET 2003

Hi Vladimir Mosgalin,

on Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:00:49 +0300 (MSK) you wrote:

> This is regarding menu & pause bug (well, at least I think it is bug):
> --- cut ---
> 1) Bug with menu. Run mplayer -menu <some-file>, and pause key will
>    start working strangely - every first press will be lost, but when
>    you press menu key, pause activates. After it everything repeats.
>    This makes -menu really unusable..
> --- cut ---
>
> I tried to discover what causes that, and that was too easy... When I
> remove 4 lines from vf_menu.c (see patch), pause starts working as
> expected. The problem is, this seems to be dumb - these lines were
> responsible for something... I can't even imagine such behavior was made
> on purpose. I tested patch, it breaks nothing for me, but now I can run
> mplayer with menu=on without problems.

At the begining pause in the menu was somewhat special to allow browsing
the menu while in pause. iirc some user complained of something and
that was removed. It seems only partialy, imho we should rather find
the original problem (was that that pause needed to be pressed 2 time
while not in the menu ?) and fix it.
Dunno what you guys think, but if one can't browse in the menu while
in pause that suck imho (Ok that suck even more if it's buggy ;)
	Albeu

PS: I don't have that much time atm and my top priority for mplayer
    is removing the old config code atm. Pls don't apply that, it's
    ok to comment, #if 0 it or whatever but keep the code there pls,
    as i want to do a real fix someday.