[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 24 02:57:02 CET 2003

Hi,

> For the documentation we are following a coding style and all the
> contributors are happier with it than before.  The problem of bloated
> cvs logs/diffs can be addressed by strictly splitting off cosmetics
> from "real" commits, like we do with the docs.

also have to mention that many of the files in mplayer source tree are from
other projects. for example, pnm.c is from xine, files at loader/ from
avifile, and so on. many files are often diff'ed to the originals and merged
teh changes to and back. if you reformat them, it makes diff'ing harder (yes
i know that diff has -b -B etc options but they do't wrok as good as they
should, and they cannot handle { moving to next line after if()).
note, that there are even files which are only partially from other
projects, some even mixed from multiple files, causing the file having
multiple indent/style...

so, think it twice (or more) before decide to mess up cvs, please.

(i don't even mention that i do diff'ing between 0_90 and main trees often
to port the changes between teh 2 tree, it will also go by a cosmetics patch)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team