[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Evil Kosh evil_kosh_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 01:04:06 CET 2003

Hello Apri,

as far as I can understand a clear style guide is why the linux kernel
source is so readable be comparison to the mplayer source.  There are so
many styles being used in the source, it's hard to read.  My suggestion
of making a style for the source code by combining everyones styles to
create one single, central style can everyone can plainly read,
understand and code by, would only help mplayer.  By telling someone to
submit only source in stylised form, you actually enforce code quality
by making sure people write code in a similar style, you dont get the
mish mash of styles which can make mplayer harder to maintain.

Your post I just read as I was writing this says that people can just
run indent.  But there is only so much indent can do to source before
only manual changes are able to correct the source.

It's something I can do, am doing and I'm wondering whether people would
accept it and help me revise it with their suggestions.  If you can see
what I've done, suggest, update and agree on a style for the code, I can
help, get acquainted and help out more in the future.

thanks apri, please dont take it personally

kosh

Evil Kosh <evil_kosh_uk at yahoo.co.uk>