[MPlayer-dev-eng] Offer of help to get me started

Evil Kosh evil_kosh_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 00:11:49 CET 2003

Hi,

	I'd like to start a bit of coding on mplayer and I thought the best way
to get acquainted with the code and how it works is to look through it
and see what I could fix.  I immediately saw that there were a number of
different styles that people were developing with.

	Some people would use braces with for and if statements, others would
not, some people would put the break in a case statement before the
closing brace, others would not.  I thought perhaps it would be a good
idea to get acquainted with the code and help out at the same time.
Also I found some parts of the code with tabbed indentations and others
with space indentations.

	Would anyone here object to a clear style guide being formed from the
developers here?  I'd be happy to reformat the code along those
guidelines, if it means I can help out, everyone gets clear, well
formatted code along an agreed style.

What do you think?  well, I'm 1/2 way through reformatting mplayer.c
with what I think is a good style.  It's consistant anyhow.  So if
people dont like it then I can always alter it.  I'll post it to the
list when I've finished and let people judge for themselves whether they
think this reformatting exercise is a good idea or not.

thanks for listening and I hope a favourable response.

--
Evil Kosh <evil_kosh_uk at yahoo.co.uk>