[MPlayer-dev-eng] future of 'main' tree, TODO entries

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Mar 22 18:24:43 CET 2003

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 05:48:48PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> quoting the TODO:
>
> - remove old config/cmdline parser code

Agree, needs to be done.

> - maybe remove .raw font support too

Hmm, unsure. IMO if freetype is required, it should be included in
mplayer. That would make compiling on cygwin much friendlier too.

> - upgrade libmpeg2 to 0.3.1+Fabian's patch

As long as performance is improved, agree.

> - maybe upgrade to liba52 cvs & merge in (or redo?) the asm optimizations

Definitely! New liba52 without our asm seems faster than the old
liba52 in mplayer cvs.

> - change build & install stuff (cross-lib dependency etc)
> - we should switch to the patch tracker (roundup)
> - fix & apply the delayed patches:

No real opinions on my part.

Rich