[MPlayer-dev-eng] New SVGA driver

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Thu Mar 20 02:59:35 CET 2003

I've just commit my new vo_svga driver.
It supports HW accelerated put_image, direct rendering (TEMP), double
buffering and our mmx accelerated memcpy. I didn't use any colorspace
conversion code (using vf_scale), and i am using VOCTRL_DRAW_IMAGE. My
code can do DR method 2 (block update) but mplayer can't :(

I need some testing and feedback.
Al3x pleace check does it work with vidix, i don't have Vidix supported
card. I've tried to save all the vidix code.

I replace the old svga becauce it was broken by yuv2rgb removal, and
nobody fixed it.  The driver works ok for me. HW acceleration is not
tested.

The svga driver now have these suboptions:
:vidix - use vidix
:sq - chose 4:3 video mode
:native - don't use HW put_image and direct memcpy (dr is disabled too),
only native vga_drawscansegment()
:retrace - flip-page only on retrace
:320x240x16 - set this mode

direct rendering is enabled via mplayer option "-dr"
double buffering is enabled via mplayer option "-double"

you can combine them.

The performance is generally better, but is it still slower than vo_vesa
(for me) mainly becouse it doesn't use draw_slice for dr method 2.

I had tried to make a code that to handle page switching in
a common case but i'm affraid it wont work for vo_tdfx_vid.
Maybe in the future the video core will say to vodeo driver what page to
use. Adding "int page" to mp_image_t may be a good idea.

Best Regards
  Ivan Kalvachev