[MPlayer-dev-eng] A proposal for the OSD

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Mar 15 23:27:51 CET 2003

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 07:37:22PM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > I'm awfully sorry, that was a bad day.
> Whoa :) Until now I thought Richard Felker wrote it :)))

Bah, Gabu. :( I don't gratuitously flame people, and I even answer
quite a few help questions that lusers send to me personally rather
than to the list, even though that's very annoying. What I *DO* flame
are posts advocating lame/broken/bloated designs, or people with a
misguided faith in windows or other crappy non-free software.

I really don't think it's fair to label someone a flamer just for
saying "nonsense" to a few bad patches and yelling a few times about
the bad designs of MCF, Matroska, OGG, OGG-inside-other-containers,
etc. My goal here is to get good designs recognized and accepted and
to discourage people from adopting bad ones, not to get high on a
flamefest like Gabu seems to enjoy... ;)

Rich