[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: insufficient error reporting

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Mar 13 17:43:01 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 04:08:25PM +0200, Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:
>     Hi, Arpi!
>
> Sometime (on Thursday, March 13 at 15:20) I've received something...
>
> >yes we all like Albeu's great new nice configparser system very much :)
>
> Have to agree with you. :(  I've spent three days already to find out how
> it works and how to don't be lost in these jungles and more and more... I
> fount some traps but I'm continuing with that again. And all that because
> I just try implement '-ovcopts'...

I'm still not sure this is a good idea. If you regularly use both xvid
and lavc (or, once vorbis is supported, maybe mp3 and vorbis), it's
nice to have defaults for both in your mencoder config file.
Especially when the meanings are different (e.g. higher q = higher
quality for vorbis, but lower quality for lame). This is rather
troublesome if codecs share their options like this...

Rich