[MPlayer-dev-eng] A proposal for the OSD

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Thu Mar 13 17:29:45 CET 2003

Hi!

Correct me if I misunderstand - so the idea is to extend the vo_ layer with
the osd calls (emulated by vo_vf(?) if hardware doesn't support it), and have
a separate osd filter layer (like there is audio filter, video filter etc).
Cool idea imho, this festival and ascii stuff can be easily added as separate
filter plugins/modules later (and not necessarilly compiled into mplayer).
Neat !

bye
Denes