[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF proposalHi.

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Mar 11 21:35:30 CET 2003

Hi.

> hmm, i meant the number of samples after decoding, not the size of the encoded
> packets, sorry :(
> only thing i could guess from ogminfo is that its a multiple of 64

No problem ;) Unfortunately there's no way to easily tell that from
ogminfo's output. You can use the following function to estimate (!)
the current packet's number of samples if you've initialised the Vorbis
info structure with the codec setup data:

  this_bs = vorbis_packet_blocksize(&vi, &op);
  samples_here = (this_bs + last_bs) / 4;
  last_bs = this_bs;

As far as I understand Vorbis this is a rather close approximation, but
not completely exact.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)