[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPCF proposalHi.

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Mar 11 15:59:47 CET 2003

Hi.

> hmm, ok, u won, i agree that for simplicity its better to store the
> samplecount or timestamp per subpacket somehow, do u know the typical size of
> vorbis packets? perhaps we could save some space by RLE encoding them

I've just coded a simple perl script that uses ogminfo (not ogginfo) to
calculate that size. I've let it run on two complete albums that I
grabbed from CDs ("Tori Amos - Under the Pink" and "Dave Matthews Band -
Crash" if anyone wants to know ;)). Both use different Vorbis qualities
(3 and 4 if I remember correctly). For the Tori Amos album the average
number of bytes per packet is somewhere between 250 and 320. For the
Dave Matthews Band album (quality setting 3 or even only 2.5) it was
between 170 and 260.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)