[MPlayer-dev-eng] main->0_90 backporting

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Mar 11 12:11:53 CET 2003

Hi

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 07:55, Gabucino wrote:
> D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > BTW, I think vf_expand slices support is broken. When used to render
> > subtitles, the first subtitle turns a bunch of macroblocks black when
> > it appears. I can submit a full bug report if necessary.
>
> Hmm, I reported a bug like this many months ago, it was said to be a known
> limitation or whatever.. (??) Michael?
hmm, IIRC the orginal black block bug was caused by buffers being switched
without telling lavc and lavc skiped some MB as it belived they where
allready drawn there while in reality there where not (in this buffer)

IMHO the fix would be to somehow signal that the buffer content changed,
(adding a dirty flag to mp_image or so might be an option)
and a possible temporary workaround would be to check if the buffer address
matches in vd_ffmpeg.c and set age=INT_MAX if not

feel free to send a patch :)

Michael