[MPlayer-dev-eng] Multiple subtitle files?

Marcin Wojdyr wojdyr at unipress.waw.pl
Mon Mar 10 14:32:04 CET 2003

Hello,
Sometimes I'm watching movies (.avi) with subtitles in foreign language
(to learn this language), but there are words, that I don't understand,
so I found it usefull to switch between subtitle files (eg. Polish and
English subtitles).

So I implemented support for multiple subtitles and switching between
these files with 'j' (j is used to switch DVD subtitle language).
I changed type of -sub from CONF_TYPE_STRING to CONF_TYPE_STRING_LIST.
At the beginning all files specified with -sub _and_, if -noautosub is not
given, _all_ default files (movie.sub, movie.txt, etc.) are loaded,
and the first is used. If 'j' is pressed, subtites from the second file
are used, and the info with the name of second file is displayed.
It makes it possible to easily compare two or three subtitle files
by fast switching between them.

I had to put into structure some global vars from subreader.c,
changed and cleaned sub_filename() and made small modifications to other
functions.

It works, but some changes to mencoder and GUI (that i'm not using) would
also be neccessary. If you think this feature can be useful not only for
me, I can make these changes, test it and send a patch.
(but I'll be rather busy untill Friday, so i can make it during this
weekend)

--
Marcin Wojdyr | http://www.unipress.waw.pl/~wojdyr/