[MPlayer-dev-eng] external libmpeg2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Mar 9 20:51:29 CET 2003

Hi,

> > is the whole-frame decoding (libmpeg2 includes an mpeg-es demuxer which
> > cannot be disabled).
> >
> > > The libmpeg2-project at sourceforge has altivec support but the mplayer
> > > fork of libmpeg does not have support for altivec extensions.
> >
> > we made a patch to get it usable with mplayer, it's waiting for being
> > accepted since december at mpeg2-dev list...
>
> yeah, no response until now ... :-(
>
> It seems that Walken has to be VERY busy ...
>
> Did he answer one of your mails, Arpi ?

none of them :(((

either we should keep mailing him (every day, mayeb every hour :)) until he
applied the patch or fix it other way, or the simp[ler way: include the
newer libmpdge + our patch applied into mplayer 'main' CVS

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino