[MPlayer-dev-eng] external libmpeg2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Mar 9 11:30:55 CET 2003

Hi,

> Any reason for not using a external variant of libmpeg2 if present?

yes
the official libmpeg2 is missing a few things we need, the most important is
the whole-frame decoding (libmpeg2 includes an mpeg-es demuxer which cannot
be disabled).

> The libmpeg2-project at sourceforge has altivec support but the mplayer
> fork of libmpeg does not have support for altivec extensions.

we made a patch to get it usable with mplayer, it's waiting for being
accepted since december at mpeg2-dev list...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

[Using mailer3 v3.99pre3-CVS beta GSM edition, broken Date: feature enabled]