[MPlayer-dev-eng] DGA and mplayer 0.90-rc3 - resource leak

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Mar 6 20:23:59 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 10:39:49AM -0500, Lewin A.R.W. Edwards wrote:
> I've got a couple of problems getting mplayer running reliably without
> rebooting continuously, and I'd love a hand :)

Upgrade to the latest CVS, compile with --enable-debug and use whatever
tools are available to trace the leak.  But above all else, upgrade to
the latest CVS just in case it has been fixed.  If it has been fixed,
trying to hunt it down again in rc3 from vague reports will just be
time-consuming and pointless.  Once you've attempted to hunt it down in
latest CVS copy, then report back any new or more specific information.
If there is no new specific useful information, then make an official
bugreport as detailed in DOCS/en/bugreports.html in latest CVS.

Thanks,
--Joey