[MPlayer-dev-eng] ATI Mobility M7 hardware MPEG2 decoding

Dan Christiansen danchr at daimi.au.dk
Wed Mar 5 12:27:56 CET 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 11:45 AM, MAL wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> Do any of you know if it's possible to make use of the hardware MPEG2
> playback capability of this card, with mplayer?
>
> I am considering using it in an embedded system.

I believe such capabilities would be relatively similar to those of my
ATI Rage 128VR. It too has MPEG-2 decoding capabilities, but I couldn't
find any information on it. It seems Apple uses it in their DVD Player,
but I couldn't find any information on how to use it. Not even the IDCT
capabilities seem to be documented. The only option on Mac OS X seems
to be to pass all MPEG-2 decoding to an external framework, but that
wouldn't benifit you...

- Dan