[MPlayer-dev-eng] MAS

Anders Rune Jensen anders at gnulinux.dk
Tue Mar 4 18:13:20 CET 2003

gabor <gabor at z10n.net> writes:

> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 13:23, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just found MAS... (ma's means in .hu 'other')
>> (http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net/)
>
> is that something like alsa, or something like gstreamer?

Leon Shiman was in Copenhagen (LinuxForum) doing a talk on MAS which I
happened to watch. He was not very specific but I think the idea was
that it should be a audio server just like X is a graphics server.
Where X is very server-client based, MAS is peer-to-peer.

He was supposed to demonstrate sending an mp3 between his Linux
machine through a network (rtp packets) to a windows machine, although
it didn't work ;-)

--
Anders Rune Jensen