[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to get a working CVS snapshot

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Mar 4 17:47:45 CET 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:09:08PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > IMHO we should make libavcodec mandatory (compiletime error if it's
> > missing) so stupid users don't mistakenly compile without libavcodec
> > and then complain to -users that they can't play any movies...

I vote to remove the directory in CVS, make the lack of libavcodec a
compile-time error, and make that error issue a message pointing out the
relevant part of the docs.  If it ever becomes an issue later on that
there _is_ someone who wants to build mplayer without libavcodec, then
we add another configure option to allow the build to continue without
it.  Thus, stupid users are protected, and flexibility is still offered
to those who know what they are doing.

Thanks,
--Joey