[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer's video filters

Miguel Freitas miguel at cetuc.puc-rio.br
Sun Jun 29 21:23:45 CEST 2003

hi,

i've just commited ports of some simple and good mplayer's video filters
to xine cvs. this is really a quick port (i didn't need to understand
mplayer's internals for these particular sources). no extensive testing
has being performed so bugs are likely.

the first ported filters are:

eq - simple software brightness/contrast equalizer
eq2 - software equalizer with gamma
unsharp - unsharp mask & gaussian blur
boxblur - simple blur filter
denoise3d - 3D Denoiser (variable lowpass filter)

these plugins use the post parameters api, so their settings can be set
on runtime by the frontend. i hope frontends may support that api soon
so users can effectively start using the above filters :)

notes:

1) they work only with YV12 codecs. yuy2 -> yv12 conversion code is
currently missing on xine-utils/color.c.

2) porting the "eq" filter reminded me that automatic creation of post
plugin chain may not be as simple as it seems... should we add "eq"
every time we have a driver without brightness/contrast support? what if
the user doesn't want to use that feature?

i'd like to thank mplayer developers for their nice code. there is also
a guy i know that i'm sure will be quite happy about hearing such news,
even though he didn't wrote any line of the code... ;-)

regards,

Miguel